Sunday 19 July 2015

Are you ready to build a dome?


  So you're interested in building the dome? I can only agree that the dome buildings are amazing, The dome is a joy to live in and are a tremendous value that need no maintenance other than painting.
If your like me, even from my first impression of experiencing the dome first hand, I was sold, I knew it was exactly what I wanted to build.
   The Dome is excellent for a living / work space, garage, or most anything you need a solid structure for. The dome size I offer is 20foot dia. with a ceiling height of 13'.6" at 29sqm of floor space, The wall is vertical to the height of six feet before beginning the curve.
  If you're a builder, the dome is a different thing altogether and requires specialized equipment and a set of guidelines that make construction very fast and not so difficult. I have now built three of these domes of my own and have learned a great deal also gained confidence in the process.
  I imported the blower unit and the inflatable form to the Philippines with the intention of not only building my own home but also to construct domes for others. The reality is that I am not a full time construction contractor nor do I maintain a trained crew. My experience has been to round up neighbors who wanted to work. As a foreigner, guiding a crew had its challenges since communication was often difficult.

 What I have concluded is that I enjoy architectural design especially in regards to the incorporating the dome structure. I have explored many possibilities and have drawings to show for it as well as real life examples that are already tested. Outside of Romblon I must work with a builder who has a labor force so I essentially rent my equipment and receive a fee for on site project management. I can also be hired for a specific duration of time for project management after the dome is constructed for additional building assistance. This service can be valuable to a home owner who may not be around during the construction.

 Depending where your construction site in the Philippines is located and if you have a labor force, I may be able to supply the use of my dome equipment along with my supervision of the building process to assure the dome is built properly as I was also instructed and certified. There is a flat fee per dome for the use of the equipment also including my on site project management services. After the dome is completed I can be hired for specific periods of time as requested.

 Designing the dome architectural plan beyond the most basic floor plan is a separate charge and involves on site visits also I can familiarize any architect with specifics in order for them to draw up a plan to submit for building permit. The dome is pre-engineered and tested all over the world as a structure that surpasses universal building requirements yet various stamps of approval will be required in your municipality as is for any building permit.

The cost of moving the building equipment will increase depending on how far from my location on Romblon Island. The Islands of Romblon Province, along with Batangas and Mindoro and Caticlan port are closest. To build one dome only may not be cost effective but if it's worth the extra cost to you then we can do it.

Building domes for resorts also communities is an excellent idea and having to spend more to transport the dome equipment may still be cost effective since the overall cost of building is reduced when building multiple domes. Please do contact me with your idea or questions and we can go from there to discuss possibilities.       marbledomebuilders@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment